If you spent 15 hours a day on the computer growing up like I did and drink enough caffeine to kill a horse, then this may interest you.
The technical challenges and work load have become too much for just me (@noaheverett) to do alone, so Twitpic is looking to add a Software/Systems Engineer because it’s growing and it’s growing fast. Twitpic has close to 1.5 million users over 3 million users now and is accelerating at an astounding rate.
What we are looking for:
- Experience with all aspects of the LAMP stack (aka PHP ninja)
- Experience working on web platforms that receive millions of request every day and scaling those platforms (including web serving, database optimization, & code optimization)
- Self motivated, passionate & a team player
- Someone who loves Twitter and its community
- Maintain existing and engineer new functionality
- Continually improve the performance and scalability of the Twitpic service
- Monitor service stability and performance
- Design, implement, and maintain PHP-based application and infrastructure components
- Refactor and improve maintainability of the codebase
- Rapidly fix bugs and solve problems
- Provide user support when needed
- Do @noaheverett‘s laundry…just kidding…but seriously
NOTE: this position is located in Charleston, South Carolina
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to include the title of this position “Software/Systems Engineer” in the subject.