All of us on the Twitpic team would like to say thank you. Thank you for sharing your favorite faces, places, and memories with us. We see everything from your latest sketches and newest additions to your family, to what you found in your fridge this morning. You travel, you live, you love, and then, you share.
To have even more fun with your pictures, we are starting a Twitpic of the month contest (#TwitpicOTM). Every month we will announce a “theme” and then, you submit your entries like so:
1. Take your best shot (real time- must be shot and posted the same day)
2. Upload the photo to Twitpic and tweet a clever caption (Twitpic uploads only)
3. Don’t forget to mention #TwitpicOTM in your tweet to be eligible!
4. Picture must agree with our Terms of Service
And Voila! You’re entered to win Twitpic of the Month. If your picture is chosen at the end of the month, we will contact you and post your picture here on the Twitpic blog for all to see and enjoy. We’ll also be sharing some of our favorites along the way.
Have ideas on themes and contests? Tweet us your ideas @Twitpic and @TwitpicSupport
We’re looking to add a new member to our customer satisfaction team. At Twitpic we strive to provide the best customer service possible to our users and to leave them with a positive experience that they would want to share with others.
- Excellent computer skills
- Willingness to go above and beyond for our user’s satisfaction
- Ability to communicate clearly in a timely manner while dealing with multiple tasks
- Experience with Twitter, Facebook and online customer support systems
- Knowledge of technical terminology used in web applications
- Proactively seeking out and responding to customer issues and questions on Twitter
We value attitude over experience and experience over degrees.
We provide competitive salary, full health benefits and paid vacation, all wrapped up in a fun, agile, startup environment.
Send your resume to email@example.com – Be sure to include “Customer Satisfaction” in the subject line of your email.
Applicant must be located in the US and a US citizen.
We recently made changes to our terms of service that has caused some confusion for our users. First off I want to apologize for that confusion and our lack of clarity. We’ve updated our terms again to be more clear and to also show that you still own your content.
Our goal with Twitpic from the beginning has been to create the best way to share your photos and videos on Twitter and to always keep our user’s best interest at the forefront.
To clarify our ToS regarding ownership, you the user retain all copyrights to your photos and videos, it’s your content. Our terms state by uploading content to Twitpic you allow us to distribute that content on twitpic.com and our affiliated partners. This is standard among most user-generated content sites (including Twitter). If you delete a photo or video from Twitpic, that content is no longer viewable.
As we’ve grown, Twitpic has been a tool for the spread of breaking news and events. Since then we’ve seen this content being taken without permission and misused. We’ve partnered with organizations to help us combat this and to distribute newsworthy content in the appropriate manner. This has been done to protect your content from organizations who have in the past taken content without permission. As recently as last month, a Twitpic user uploaded newsworthy images of an incident on a plane, and many commercial entities took the image from Twitpic and used it without the user’s permission.
To sum everything up, you the user retain all copyrights to your photos/videos and we are very sorry by the confusion our old updated terms of service caused.
Thank you for choosing Twitpic – @noaheverett (Noah Everett)
We’ve been working hard the past few months to release our new video sharing feature for Twitpic. Just like uploading a photo you can now upload a video from the site itself, from your phone via email or from supported Twitter/Twitpic clients.
We’re working to be your all-in-one media sharing service for Twitter and to make that process as quick and easy as possible.
You can check out our launch video here, we hope you enjoy it!
Twitpic is a fast growing startup with millions of users around the world and we are looking to grow our team. We value attitude over experience and experience over degrees.
What we’re looking for:
The ideal candidate is a seasoned iOS and/or Android developer with successful released apps. You’ve mastered the intricacies of Objective C, Cocoa Touch and/or Java with experience designing great user interfaces for iOS and/or Android platforms.
- Comprehensive experience with iOS and/or Android development
- Successful released apps in the app store (please include names)
- Deep understanding of Objective C, and/or Java
- 1+ years work experience as a software engineer
- Understanding of scalability, systems engineering, and algorithms
- Excellent product sense and design sense
- Team player
Twitpic offers full-benefits and competitive salary all wrapped up in an agile startup environment.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject line of “iOS / Android Developer”
Telecommute positions are available, must be a US resident.
If you spent 15 hours a day on the computer growing up like I did and drink enough caffeine to kill a horse, then this may interest you.
We are looking to add more Software/Systems Engineers because Twitpic is growing and it’s growing fast. Twitpic has over 14 million 20 million users now and is continuing at an astounding rate.
What we are looking for:
- Experience with all aspects of the LAMP stack (aka PHP ninja)
- Experience with different data stores (MySQL, Memcache, Cassandra, Redis)
- Experience working on web platforms that receive millions of requests every day and scaling those platforms (including web serving, database optimization, & code optimization)
- Working knowledge of MVC frameworks
- Self motivated, passionate & a team player
- Able to manage your own tasks and workload
- Someone who loves Twitter and its community
- Maintain existing and engineer new functionality
- Continually improve the performance and scalability of the Twitpic service
- Monitor service stability and performance
- Design, implement, and maintain PHP-based application and infrastructure components
- Refactor and improve maintainability of the codebase
- Rapidly fix bugs and solve problems
- Provide user support when needed
- Do @noaheverett‘s laundry…just kidding…but seriously
We are a fast growing agile company looking for the best of the best. We offer competitive salary, full benefits and paid vacation.
Send your resume to email@example.com. Telecommute positions are available, must be a US resident.
Be sure to include the title of this position “Software/Systems Engineer” in the subject.
Note: We look favorably on people who get creative with their applications.